There is a quote – “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin”, so if you are experiencing difficulties conceiving or growing your family, then begin your journey with Create Health.
Fertility journeys and treatment are different for everyone but being overwhelmed and the feelings of worry and confusion are often experienced by many. For some people, all that will be necessary will be advice or a simple approach, while for others high-level technology may be the best option. We understand how you are feeling.
What to expect from Create Health
Your first appointment will be a long consultation with an experienced fertility specialist who will listen to your experience so far to understand your unique story. We will discuss your medical history, reproductive history and lifestyle and there may be a physical examination or investigations requested for you so we can better understand your specific fertility issues.
At Create Health both partners will be tested and these tests may include:
- Semen analysis to measure quantity and quality of sperm, and identify or rule out male infertility.
- Pre-pregnancy and hormone related blood tests
- Genetic carrier screening
- AMH test (Anti-Müllerian hormone) – this test can be described as an “egg count” check and is generally a good indicator of ovarian reserve
- Fallopian tube testing and or pelvic ultrasound to check the reproductive tract is functioning.
The results of these tests may give us a clear picture of the next step forward but sometimes, it is more complex, and may take further time to get to the bottom of the problem.
Create Health partner with Melbourne IVF and our doctors are senior fertility specialists in Melbourne IVF, often consulting on highly complex fertility problems.
Usually the suggested fertility treatment and action plan will be discussed at your second appointment. Many factors contribute to treatment choice. Your test results, how long you have been trying to conceive, your age, especially the woman’s age, and your personal values will be considered.
Your Create Health fertility specialist will encourage you to take an active role in treatment options and we will explain all your choices and the possible outcomes.
Your individualised fertility treatment plan could involve:
- Ovulation induction (OI)
- Intra-uterine Insemination (IUI)
- Assisted reproduction (IVF, ICSI, sperm, egg, and embryo cryopreservation, testicular sperm extraction)
- Pre-implantation genetic or chromosomal diagnosis (PGD or PGS)
- Advanced endoscopic surgery, including removal of pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts and polyps
The Create Health team are caring and experienced. They will spend quality time with you, learn why you are experiencing difficulties and fully explain this to you. They will guide you through the best options for you, reassure you and answer your questions.